Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lung Junk

I got a weird call yesterday from the pulmonologist I saw last month.  He said that he wanted to make sure that I was feeling better because one of the tests he'd run came back positive for some kind of fungus living inside my lungs.

I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY.

All that time, I was coughing up stinky, hard, green chunks (sorry), doctors were telling me that it was just your run-of-the-mill bronchitis.  I insisted that I'd had bronchitis many times in the past, but never like this.  They told me to DRINK TEA AND WAIT IT OUT.

I switched doctors, obviously.

Anyway, I've been mostly better, but not 100% healthy since...oh...mid-September.  So...summer. When the pulmonologist called yesterday, I told him that I was still a little wheezy but I thought that I'd just acquired asthma from this whole situation.  He said that it was important for him to see me and then he made me an appointment for Monday.

Now, keep in mind that this guys is hard to get in to see.  The first appointment took over a month, then my second one I was able to set for two weeks out, but only after lots of grumbling from the appointment setter about "trying to fit me in".  The fact that the doctor called me HIMSELF and set my appointment for within a week makes me think I'm probably dying.

Okay, I'm probably not dying, but according to what I've read online, I may have to take steroids for 6-9 months.  Husband told me that I should start going to the gym more often (read: more than once a week) and pump iron.  I told him NO and that being on steroids would probably just make my face puffy.  He seemed disappointed.

Here's a .gif of me in the the snow:

I've had too much tea and I couldn't think of any other way to end this post.  Sorry.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...