Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Excused Absence.

I'm sorry I've been absent so often on my own blog.

I suppose, looking back, I have been posting on a semi-regular basis, but I feel like I've been M.I.A. since...oh...September.  Although most of you probably don't care or haven't noticed, I do have my reasons.  The holidays and cold weather do lend themselves to blog abandonment, but I do feel like I owe an explanation to those of you who care enough to stop by and read what I have to say.

So, here's why I've not been blogging:

1.  Lung Junk.  Obviously.  Aside from being sick and weak and tired all the time, I've found it very difficult to cut through the brain fog and find something interesting to say.  Then, if I'm having a day where I'm feeling better and I want to blog, I've just been so out of practice that I can't put the words together.  

2.  Company.  Since the end of October, my guest room has hosted a steady stream of out-of-town visitors.  I love them all, and I am thrilled to see and spend time with them, but these guests definitely take up a lot of my time before, after, and especially during their visits, hence the blogging (and, let's be honest, writing in general) disruption.  More visitors are planned for February and March, June, July, and August--but I don't doubt that April and May will be booked up at Hotel Brown as well.  Clearly, I need to find a way to manage my time better in order to fit writing into my schedule of running a (free) bed and breakfast.

3.  I Got a Job.  It's not a traditional job in any sense of the word, and I can't talk about what it is that I'll be doing, but I will be working outside of the house on a semi-regular basis from here on out if all goes as planned.  I'm almost done with training.  This is a contract job with a flexible schedule that ought to fit in perfectly with my duties a stay-at-home mom.  Also, it's really weird, challenging, and interesting, which is exactly the kind of thing I enjoy putting on my resume, so...BOOYAH!  Very exciting stuff.  That's all I can divulge about that, so...just forget I said anything.  This conversation never happened.

4.  We're trying to purchase a house.  This one really just creates more stress in my life rather than taking up all that much time, but still - it counts.  When we moved here in 2012, it happened very quickly and we had three days to find a house to rent that was 1) in our budget, 2) in a good school district, and 3) a bearable commute for Husband.  We were very lucky to have found all that in the house we currently live in and, while it's not perfect, it suits our needs nicely.  Our landlord recently informed us that he has to sell this house at the end of our lease this summer, so we are scrambling to get the money and paperwork together to do this so that we don't have to move again.  We still own a money pit house in Kansas, which is rented out for the time being, so that's complicating matters (and stretching our budget).  Hence #3.  But I'm okay with it.  If we can just get through this process and know that we'll be able to live here indefinitely, I'll be able to breathe a huge sigh of relief.  *fingers crossed*

5.  There really is no #5, but a list of four things didn't feel long enough.  To round it out, here is a self-explanatory photo dump of the past three months of my life:

































So, there you have it.  The dog didn't eat my blog (just all the cookies, that bitch), I didn't get a flat tire, my third aunt twice removed didn't die, but I do have some good excuses for not blogging.  I'll try harder in the coming months to keep Whatever better updated--not for you three readers who come here on a regular basis, but for myself.  The more I blog, the happier I am.  It's a direct correlation.  Science.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...