Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

I watch a lot of movies.

I don't know how many movies you guys watch, but it recently occurred to me that my viewing habits *might* be considered excessive in some circles.  I thought it could be interesting to write down all the film titles I watch for a week straight and analyze the data here on this blog.


Here we go:




 
Key:
N = Netflix
D = DVD or Blu-ray disc
C = Cable television







Monday 6/3 (arrived home from vacation)
Meet the Parents  N

started Revolutionary Road  D

Tuesday 6/4
finished Revolutionary Road  D

Fried Green Tomatoes  C
It's Complicated  D

Wednesday 6/5
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure  C
The Wedding Singer  D
The Full Monty (last half only)  C
Fool's Gold  D

Thursday 6/6   (out of the house all day and most of the evening)

Hitch  C


Friday 6/7
Where the Heart is  D
Barefoot in the Park  D
Thelma and Louise  D
The Secret  N

Saturday 6/8
Practical Magic  C
Last Night  N
On A Clear Day  N

Sunday 6/9
Love Wrecked  C
Doc Hollywood  D


Conclusion:  I watch a lot of freakin' movies. 

18 different titles in seven days, none of which were new to me.  Of course, I didn't give every one my full attention, but that's still a lot of hours spent watching a screen.  Keep in mind that a large portion of my time is spent with an almost-six-year-old, so that influences my choices as well (though, obviously, much of my movie viewing is done away from his sponge-like brain).

It's interesting to me that the majority of the films were romantic comedies this week, but I guess that goes with the season.  Summer always makes me want to watch lighthearted movies.  Huh.

What do you guys think?  Is 2.5 movies a day an acceptable number to be watching?  Do you watch more or less than I do (please say more and make me feel like less of a loser)?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...