Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

*&%#@#@$%**&^

As many of you probably don't care to remember, my book deadline is tomorrow, March 9th.  I've been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the story of my long-distance relationship with my husband, but now I'm at a standstill. 

Creative troubles, you ask?  No.  My problem is that MICROSOFT WORD IS FREAKING KILLING ME.  I seriously want to toss my laptop out this second-story window right now.  The program began freezing up on me yesterday, and the trouble continued today.  I uninstalled Office, then bought a new copy and reinstalled it, but I'm STILL HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM. 

If my file is corrupt, I'm going to choke someone.  This document is formatted down to each font size and margin.  Since I'm planning to self-publish and sell on Amazon, the parameters are pretty strict, and I followed them to a T.  Unfortunately, I can't EDIT THE FREAKING THING WITHOUT MY PROMPT OR POINTER DISAPPEARING.

Sorry about all the yelling, but I'm really angry!  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I do realize that since I set this deadline for myself, I could just blow it off, but that still doesn't address the problem of my work being held hostage by Microsoft.  I'd really like to get it out of my computer and onto a printed page at some point in my life.

Anyway, sorry to complain.  I suppose I'll go back to troubleshooting now.  If anyone who reads this has any suggestions, I'll try anything.  Thanks in advance.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...