Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

WTF, Universe?

I'd like to preface this blog post by saying that I'm really lucky.  I know I am.  I have a lot of wonderful things and people in my life which all add up to me being incredibly fortunate.  Many, many people are worse off than I am.

That said, these last few months have been some bullshit.

There, I said it.  I mean, what the fuck, universe? 

Please excuse my language, but I feel it's necessary right now.  I don't know what the hell I did to deserve all this, but I'm guessing I must have been a really horrible person in a past life or something. 

Just to give you an idea, in the past three months:

- My husband ended up in the ER, then the ICU for his tachycardia...
- Which resulted in heart surgery.
- When he recovered, we paid over $2500 to put a new transmission in our car...
- Which we totaled the next week...
- Which put me in the hospital and then physical therapy
- As soon as I was better, The Kid acquired a virus that kept him out of school for a week...
- Which I acquired from him, while I was away from home...
- Which meant I had to fly sick, which I would never EVER recommend.
- That virus lasted for nearly two weeks.
- A few days ago, my 1 1/2 year old dog's eye turned white.  I think she's gone blind in it, but I'll know more after her (presumably expensive) vet appointment tomorrow....
- If I can even GET her to the appointment because...

I JUST STUBBED AND RE-BROKE MY RIGHT PINKY TOE AGAIN.

So, yeah.  I could really use a break.  And not on a bone this time.  How about a few weeks where nothing bad happens and everyone in my house is healthy and we aren't doing something that will cost us thousands of dollars later? 

That's my wish.  Get on it, Universe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...