Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Love Day!

It's Valentine's Day!

I've mentioned before that I love Valentine's Day, and that I may celebrate it a little bit differently than everyone else, but I think it bears repeating.

To me, Valentine's Day is about love.

Love love love.

We may not all have a significant other, but we all have some sort of love in our hearts, don't we?  Be it a friend who's always there for you, a parent who gave you life, a pet who loves you unconditionally, a child, a boyfriend or girlfriend, a husband or wife--we all have at least one person or thing we love.  Today, show them.

Sparkly!  And made with love.
Yes, you should celebrate love every day of the year, but what's wrong with one day dedicated to it?  I'm tired of people complaining and refusing to participate in Valentine's Day because it's "too commercialized".  If you don't want to buy something for someone, that's fine!  I prefer homemade cards to store bought ones anyway--they show that you put in time and effort, and you can write a more heartfelt message in them.  If you don't want to make a card, make some cupcakes.  If you don't want to make some cupcakes, how about a hug and an "I love you"?  Don't live near your loved one?  How about a phone call?

What I'm saying is, there is no reason to be bitter about Valentine's Day.  If you're feeling lonely, don't.  I guarantee it that there is at least one person (or animal) out there who loves you.  And, if you're sitting around wallowing about some guy or girl who dumped you--stop it!  That person deserves no more thought than the food that you ate three days ago:  it was good while it lasted, but now it's just...well, you know what it is now.  And I will not put that word in my blog post about Valentine's Day!

If you start to feel sad today, just stop that thought in its tracks and replace it with the thoughts of those you truly love:  the ones you'd do anything for, the ones who love you in return.  Let that love wash over you and soak it in like the sun on a bright, Spring day.  There is nothing better.

Happy Love day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...