If you aren't familiar with the paranormal activity in my house and would like to catch up before reading the full report, you can do so here, here, here, and here.
After the photo incident , I visited the TAPS website and found a nearby chapter called SPIRT of PA and submitted a form through their site. A lovely and kind woman named Rebecca got back to me swiftly via email and we set up a time for her to call me for a phone interview.
...Well, technically, we set up two phone interviews. The first interview didn't happen because my phone mysteriously stopped working when the time came for us to talk. Eventually, talk we did, and we set up a Saturday night for the team to come investigate my house. Just for the record, SPIRT of PA does not charge for their services, they do it solely for their love of and fascination with the paranormal.
When the night arrived, Husband took The Kid out while I stayed home and let them in. A homeowner had to be here for insurance purposes, in case something got broken.** They do require complete silence and darkness, however, so I shut myself along with my dog in my room as they went about their business. The whole process took a few hours, and I came out when they took breaks to chat. What great folks, by the way! There were four team members, all of whom exuded wonderful, positive energy.
Tonight, Rebecca came back to our house (Along with her adorable baby! Hooray!) to deliver the team's full report, including photos and audio.*** They did a very thorough job and I am so grateful to have had this fun and interesting experience. I can't recommend this team highly enough.
Here is the full report, edited only for privacy:
FINAL CLIENT REPORT AND INVESTIGATION FINDINGS
Case #: 160429
Client Name Teri Brown
Date of Investigation _Apr 29, 2016____Lead___RMB_______________
Address of Location: PA
Arrival Time: 7:45 pm
Departure Time: 10:30 pm
Investigators Present: Rebecca B (Lead), Mark M, Gina M, John K
Equipment Used: Olympus WS-321M Digital Voice recorder, REM Pod, Cybersnap DC-1231 Full Spectrum Camera, MEL-8704R-REM Meter, Zoom H1 Recorder, Fiji Point and Shoot digital camera, MEL-8200VIBE
Baseline EMF – 0.00Mg
Baseline Temp – 77*F
Known Contamination – Home has a radon system. There was a lot of EMF given off by the cold water pipes – shown to client during investigation.
- Investigator felt a cold “breeze” while sitting in the computer chair which seemed to relate to heavy pressure being felt. A second investigation team had the same chill while in the same location. We could not find a draft or any other source of cold air.
- Investigator felt a heavy pressure on his head while doing EVP session
- Investigators heard a loud “Bang” coming from Son’s Bedroom while asking EVP questions.
- Investigator felt the room “rocking” as if dizzy or on a boat.
- Picture frame on the sill appears to have been moved (lifted and placed face down) while investigators were in Guest Room
- Investigator felt chills and then nausea
- Investigators heard footsteps coming up the stairs – they verified that no one was moving around the house at the time.
- Investigators asked for the temperature to be lowered to 73* in the guest room – but the MEL recording temp in the Son’s room went off.
- Investigators smelled smoke but no source was found
- Investigators heard knocking in the corner behind the shelf (next to cabinet)
- Investigators heard walking in the kitchen and down the basement steps
- Investigators heard movement in the kitchen near the stove area and a loud “BANG” when they approached the stove to investigate.
- While in the kitchen, investigators heard movement on the stairs leading to the basement
- Investigator did two EVP sessions while sitting in this area but did not get any responses
- Investigators tried to recreate the photo that Teri took with the image in the background
- Investigator felt like her body was “vibrating”
- Investigators heard movement in the basement like a “shuffling”
Investigators got impressions all over the house. They picked up several names including “Mark” (which might refer to the Mark who was in-house investigating), “William”, “Lindsey” and “Ernie”
Investigator also got the impression of manic female or a crazy female that stayed in the house as the husband went off to work and that the time period might be 60’ or 70’s.
Investigators got the impression of a house fire.
Investigator felt like the spirits were playing a game of cat/mouse with the team and were trying to mislead them.
Home was built in 1950s as a single family home.
The property was never abandoned or sold at auction. Nor were there any major fires, construction or death noted.
Audio: We have 3 EVPs to submit [TERI'S NOTE: Listen with headphones and sound all the way up]
- “H****** - Mark - LR” – class B – 00:00:08
Recorded in the Living Room during EVP session. Note: there was an investigator “Mark” on site but this was not his voice nor was he in the room.
Recorded in the Living Room during EVP session – no preceding question. Imbedded whisper saying “Man” or “Pain”
- “H****** - Tess – SR” – class C – 00:00:08
Recorded in Son’s bedroom during EVP session. Investigator claimed the room was moving like a ship/rocking while this was recorded. Imbedded whisper saying “Tess”? Appears to be the same voice as EVP 2
- We did throw out 5 “inconclusive” EVPs
Photographs: We have 3 unusual photographs to submit showing the movement of the photo frame:
Video: We have no unusual video to submit
It is the impression of the SPIRT of PA team that there is activity in this home. It is our impression that the entity/entities were aware of our presence and did not want to cooperate with the investigation. They seemed to be engaged in a game of cat/mouse during the night and giving misleading information both in the noises they were making or the psychic impressions they were giving. We don’t believe that these entities are harmful in any way but more mischievous and resistant to interference. They seemed determined to throw us incorrect clues all night.
We believe that unless anyone in the home feels threatened by the entity, the best course is to ask them to leave you alone when they make their presence known. Increased interaction will increase their presence.
Pretty cool, right?
And now, my impressions of the team's findings:
1. That picture thing is nuts. I was sitting in my room (obviously) when it happened, and I heard a loud BANG come from my son's room. I just assumed that the team was in there at the time, but it turns out that they were in the guest room and rushed over to try and find the origin of the sound. I didn't know at the time whether or not that photo had been upright beforehand or not, but the night vision photo taken earlier that night clearly shows that it was. If it had just fallen over, that would be creepy enough, but there is absolutely no way for that photo frame to have fallen that way on that small ledge without ending up on the floor. Someone would have had to pick it up and then put it back down, face down. I mean. Yeah. Creepy. It's a photo of Husband and I from 2003-ish. My son said that he's always putting it back up and just assumed we were putting it face down for some reason. We set it up tonight, as an experiment.
2. I KNEW I HEARD FOOTSTEPS ALL THE TIME!!!
3. There could be more than one?? What???
4. I'm glad they couldn't recreate my ghost photo. Half of me was worried that I was a fraud, even though I'd tried (and failed) to recreate it myself.
5. I'm so excited they got audio!! It's so cool, if difficult to hear. The "Mark" recording is the clearest, and it took me several listens to hear the whisper on the "Man" recording, but I still haven't made out "Tess", sadly. I hope you guys can hear it. You really have to use headphones.
6. My Kid didn't seem creeped out, and that makes me happy. :)
All-in-all, it's nice to have my suspicions validated, even though it seemed pretty obvious that we had at least one ghost residing with us. I wish we could have found out more about who this person/people was/were, but I guess some things will just truly remain a mystery. Like the loud bang that just came from my empty kitchen.
If you're a paranormal investigator or psychic reading this blog post and would like to visit our home and help us find out more information about these dead people, please email me at yearthirtyone [at] gmail dot com. We will not pay you, but I can make cookies or something?
*Well, at least not because of this. I could still be crazy...but REALLY, who isn't a little bit crazy?
**Not that we own anything valuable - YOU HEAR THAT, THIEVES??
***When Rebecca arrived and tried to log on to our internet to show me her findings, our wifi password wouldn't connect her laptop to our internet. We tried repeatedly, I know I had the right password, but we ended up having to use my laptop instead. NICE TRY, GHOST.